Martha's Dinner: Escargot au Naturalle

Very nice m8, hats off to your tank and puffer, very much like a mbu puffer but better colours especially for freshwater.
Do you try whole shelled cockles? i think its them? That we used to feed our puffers at the fish shop, u get them in bags of like 50 and does the same thing keeps their teeth small but fills them up good.

A freind once had a mbu that used to tap on the glass when hungry lol.

are ramhorns really that hard to come by? Because I had 100's breeding in my tank that get that big, and I only left one.

I leave one of each type of invader snail to help with algea.

Very nice m8, hats off to your tank and puffer, very much like a mbu puffer but better colours especially for freshwater.
Do you try whole shelled cockles? i think its them? That we used to feed our puffers at the fish shop, u get them in bags of like 50 and does the same thing keeps their teeth small but fills them up good.

A freind once had a mbu that used to tap on the glass when hungry lol.

This thread was made in July/August 2005 guys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: good thread to dig up though, havent seen it before :hyper:

lol, way to dig up buried treasure :D I gave a link to this thread as a reference only, not to start diggin' it up again! :X :lol:

I'm glad this thread was revived. I haven't seen Martha eat before, great stuff!

llj :)

Mmmmmm, escargot. Yummy!

Is Martha and Martha's owner still about?

If so, I was wondering, had you thought of giant african land snails for feeding her? Dunno if they're suitable, but I know some folks feed the babies to their cichlids (not me personally, far too attached to mine!). They lay hundreds of eggs at a time, hatch within a fortnight, and grow very quickly.

I'll probably get stick for that off fellow GALS keepers, would just like to point out that I dont do that as a. I couldn't bring myself to feed my pets to my pets LOL, and b. I only allow eggs to hatch that I can find homes for - and the ones that lay hundreds are ten a penny on Ebay so I freeze their eggs and dispose rather than add to the overpopulation problem ;)

Most reactions

Back