Marine Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
well here's my marine tank....to be :D

it's a 24x15x15, i'll be drilling the sides for the sump when my drill bit comes through.

Attachments

• DSCN5027.JPG
    DSCN5027.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 57
Very nice...I'd be into the salt water by now if i wasn't so afraid of the large price tags that come along with them. :p

that is a putty tat indeed, nothing disturbs her :rolleyes: I did consider putting her in the tank but smells a bit of silicone still so didn't want a hi kitty!

thats what I'ved gone for a smaller tank to keep cost to a minimum yet still able to get a few nice bits in there.

Lookin forward to seeing a complete and comprehensive marine tank diary PaulMTS! :p So what are the plans for fish and inverts?

Good luck with the project Paul. :thumbs:

Remember that patience will be your best friend ;) Dont rush things and im sure you will find the process a rewarding one.

Nope still no place for DP's :p there's only 1 puffer that ruling this house and that will be Cookie :wub:

Yes, indeed, so who wants pictures of the space where it's going again??! :lol:

Not exactly sure on fish but i think we settled in another topic on a clown fish, firefish goby and a jawfish. Then the usual clean up crew and hopefully a few interesting inverts knocking about...will have to see.

No worries, It will be kitted out very slowly, for 1 main reason...cost! plus the sumps being used for a grow out tank at the moment.

i knew it wasnt long, i might have one coming soon, i got 2 cheap tanks. 4x2x2 main tank and a 5 x1.5x1.5 which will be the sump i thinkning. But have to save and work some stuff out

you know me everything gets on the move nice and fast!

thought a might do a running cost on the tank...

Tank- Free!! (i got it from the same place as my 4x2x2 and they gave it to me for free as they screwd up that order a bit)
Sump- Free! old 2ft
Acrylic- £30 (to build sump divides and weirs.
Drill bit- £17.99 to drill the tank!
Lighting- £90 currently sitting on my 4x2x2
New bulb- £15 bought a Interpet Tri-Plus bulb for the lighting.

Progress report...

I have drilled the holes!! Not exactly the best looking holes but they will do there job!! I didn't use a stencil on the first hole i did so a major bit of scratching going on.

I ordered al my plumbing last night so I'll be able to build some of that.

Attachments

• DSCN5069.JPG
    DSCN5069.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 46
coming along nicely Paul :thumbs:
cant wait to see the finishing touches :nod:

DD

got the plumbing today and roughly set it up.

the outlet stick out a bit more that want but I'll chop the bulk head down a bit so It's a bit smarter...

plumbing%20(1).JPG

plumbing%20(2).JPG

plumbing%20(3).JPG

plumbing.JPG

Lookin good mate. Tell me whats the system with the lids? I cant quite see. It almost looks asthough they are capable of sliding horizontal? :) Whats the deal?

Most reactions

Back