Reaction score
Equipment make/model/size: Marina S15 HOB filter
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: Not needed any more
Delivery or Collection: Delivery
Sales price: £10
Postage & Packaging: £5 for first class postage, £10 for next day delivery
Photograph: Official product page here
http://www.hagen.com/usa/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=107&PROD_ID=01002860020101

Selling here is a Marina S15 slim HOB filter. This is a great filter, silent and very economical on the electricity. It came with my tank but in the end I decided to replace it with something more powerful. The manufacturer says it's suitable for tanks up to 15 gallons, but I'd say this was a bit of an overestimate and would only put this is in a lightly stocked 15 gallon or a more heavily stocked smaller tank.

The cartridges that came with this filter are inside my Fluval 205 right now and very mature. You can buy new filter pads at Pets at Home for £2.99 for a pack of three I believe, or I'll happily give you mine if you want them. They're covered in gunk and all brown but they could easily support a few fish if you started off lightly and didn't want to cycle. The sponge that goes over the intake has been lost, but this does not affect the operation of the filter at all and actually makes it a little more powerful.

Really is a great little filter and I had been hanging on to it in case I needed a quarantine tank, but I've since been given another spare filter which takes up less space in my cupboard.

Most reactions

Back