Males Don't Blow Bubbles

halfmoonbetta

Reaction score
I have two beautiful, healthy HM males in betta barracks inside a 10 gal tank, with 4 females in the tank. I have been waiting to see the males blow some bubblenest, but so far they haven't blown any. Is this normal?

yeah thats fine, is your divider clear? If so they may be a little stressed so not blowing bubbles, a lot of males only start to blow bubbles when they can see girls (through a divider or in another tank) mine make an extra effort to make nests when I add indian almond leaf. Hope this helps

yeah thats fine, is your divider clear? If so they may be a little stressed so not blowing bubbles, a lot of males only start to blow bubbles when they can see girls (through a divider or in another tank) mine make an extra effort to make nests when I add indian almond leaf. Hope this helps
my boy goes thru spurts...sometimes he makes nests for days on end, then he'll just stop for weeks...he always gets back to it though.

My betta Ninja imediately built a huge nest right when I put him into my divided 10gal, while the other 3 bettas barely worked on theirs. From experience, Im going to say it depends on the fish regardless of same conditions.

neither of my boys have actually blown a single bubble. maybe it is because they can see each other, but they act fine. They don't seem stressed or too overly concerned with one another. ohh well, I'm not going to stress over it either, they seem to be fine. Thanks folks for the input.
Adam

Most reactions

Back