Male To Female Ratio For These Fish!?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jsmeester

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What is the male to female ratio for having the Preacox rainbowfish when having,
2 of them....
3 of them....
4 of them....
5 of them....
6 of them....

Or does it matter? Could I have all males and 1 female(just a random example) and not have any problems?
I may be forced to have A's less than 2 because my stores I go to early have them and I might have to get 1 at a time depending on when they have them. Yes I no they need school but they might have to live A's a single, pair, trio or more cuz of the stores!

I believe I no how to tell males from females,..
Male- red fins
Female- clearish yellow?

i had a group of six and had 2 males and 4 females, they were happy enough to breed!

it changes as you change the total numbers, i cant remember exactly what they were.

you would probably get problems with all males 1 female, especially if they are happy enough to breed, as they will fight for mating rights as it were.

You are right in that males have bright red fins, and usually develop the typical body shape, whereas female get yellow/orange fins and stay slimmer.

Ok good, so if the store only has 3 I should get 1 male 2 females? What if they have 2 males 1 female? Should I just get a male and female?

Yes just 1 male/ female, then next time, another female, then next time a male and a female, if you get what i mean?

Most reactions

Back