Male Platy Disrupting The Community Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rich_77

Reaction score
I was just wondering if the warm weather and the introduction of fish food treats have made my male platy even more of a jerk than he usually is ? (I censored myself with 'jerk')

It's 31/32C (89F) which is pretty warm for here...and also the last two nights I've given them treats. (Only doing this once a week from now on)

I was just wondering if the two have made my platy into more of a....'jerk' than usual ?

He's chasing around one of the females (who always didn't take any 'rubbish' off him) and pointed upright towards her then charged a few times.

Another female (who is pretty large, maybe a tad bigger than him) seems to keep him in check, but he's constantly badgering the youngest female of the three to mate.

I do have a 20L tank I can put him in if he gets too 'randy' but I was just wondering if it was normal male platy behaviour and just tolerate it ? :)

I have the same problem, my male has shredded the fins of a couple of others with his aggression :( If anyone has any help it would be so appreciated!

One of my male platies is constantly chasing my poor other male platy, I don't know what to do! :sad:

I have the same problem, my male has shredded the fins of a couple of others with his aggression :( If anyone has any help it would be so appreciated!

I'm starting to lose patience.

He seems to be biting /niping at the female now, if she gets near enough.

3 females and you've 'messed' it up.

I've seperated mine for time being and am looking into getting him re-homed. I've trawled through the internet and there doesn't seem to be a solution.. its sad but its not fair on the other fish to be bullied so much :/

Most reactions

Back