Male Guppy Refuses To Eat

WarmLobster

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this isn't much of an emergency, but my male guppy won't eat, and now isn't swimming with the female guppies. Please direct me to the right posting area if this is wrong.
Snapchat-1783065846.jpg
Snapchat-1562089513.jpg
Snapchat-836286676.jpg
Snapchat-624645718.jpg
Snapchat-77304491.jpg
Snapchat-1393479638.jpg

10 gallon tank
Heated to 80 F
Filtered
Water change every weekend (20 percent)
Tankmates: betta fish, two female guppies, and a mystery snail (including pest snails)

My male guppy has been fine, yet for the past two days he refuses to eat. He'll swim with the females when flakes are dropped in; but doesn't eat. Today, June 8th, I didn't see him at all. Females and betta are eating fine, and it feels like a weird change.

I cant tell if he's sick, but I don't see any ich.

Is he sick? Every other fish is fine, I don't see any aggression towards him, and I've tried feeding him smaller pieces of flakes.

Hello. Some frozen food is most times irresistible. Sally's San Fran is about the best. If it's been a few days since the last water change, I would suggest doing one that's a bit larger than normal. Make the new water a little bit warmer than usual. The combination of a warmer water change and a change in diet can usually perk up a lazy fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. Some frozen food is most times irresistible. Sally's San Fran is about the best. If it's been a few days since the last water change, I would suggest doing one that's a bit larger than normal. Make the new water a little bit warmer than usual. The combination of a warmer water change and a change in diet can usually perk up a lazy fish.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Sounds good.

I was just hoping it wasn't sickness, I'll check up on him this afternoon and do a water change

Thank you for your response and advice!!

I came home and he passed away. All other fish are fine, a water change will be done asap

I came home and he passed away. All other fish are fine, a water change will be done asap
Sorry. It was a pretty fish. It happens to me once in a while too with my Guppies. I have 100s. A bit larger than normal water change can only help.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Is the Betta bullying any other guppies? He might have been bullied by the Betta, especially if it's a male betta

Most reactions

Back