Male Ct With Colmunaris

andy.windsor

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, I put my male in a medicated ISO tank yesterday with epsom salt, stresscoat, some E.M. tablet and simply betta fungus and bacteria cure.

Is it going to stress him to do daily water changes? For the time being he's in one of those 500 ml plastic travelling containers that some breeders put them in. If he has to be treated much longer, I may have to fix the crack in my 1/2 gallon and put him in there. Here is what I have to work with:

E.M Tablets
Stresscoat
Simply betta fungus & bacteria cure
epsom salt
sea salt
Instant Ocean

I don't have any non iodized table salt. If I do change his water every day (I assume I have to), what of the above do I give him and how much? I am determined to save him before it's too late. He's got more white fuzz on him this morning then he did when I went to bed last night. :-( But he is still behaving normally, so I don't believe it's too late...so far there is just the white stuff coming out of some of his fins. :unsure:

No need to worry about replying to this. One of my BLEEPIN cats knocked down the ISO and ate him while I was picking my son up frm school. I'm so livid right now. I actually look forward to seeing which one gets sick from the fungus! There'lll be no sympathy from me, I'll tell you that! :grr: :angry: :-( :sick:

Sorry that must of been awful. R.I.P.

Aw, don't kill the cat--it was only being a cat and doing what cats do best. Just next time, seeing how you are the human with the "superior" brain, make sure you put your fish out of the reach of cats (close off the room the fish are in, something). Sorry about your little guy.

It has been a rough couple days, let me tell you! :(

I don't know which cat it was...I have a pretty good idea, but since the damage was done by the time I got home, I wasn't able to catch anyone in the act and discipline. Believe me....none of the cats are getting any affection from me today! At least not until the irish cream hubby brought home starts chilling me out some...then maybe by the time I slurr my words, I'll like them all again. LMAO

To top it all off...one of my cats had some kind of blockage of crystals or something that was cuaisng him to pee everywhere but in the litter box. Only...for the last 2 weeks he hasn't had any accidents at all....until....today! Not an hour after I found the remains of my darling betta, he goes and pees on my older sons best summer jacket! Must be Murphey's Law....that Murphey has it out for me this week for sure. LOL

Kathrine, the breeder I got the female CT from, insisted on replacing her. Hubby brought her home today, along with complimentary "blue" water...the stuff breeders use to destress their fish, "Jungle Fungus Eliminator" for the male (before she knew he was a goner) and a good size bag of "new Life Spectrum Thera +A" fish food! I feel so spoiled, she really helped improve my outlook on the day. :)

Most reactions

Back