Male Angel

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MamaPish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This is Spot....(white spot near tail fin!)

He will be a year old next month......this was his first spawn.

You can actually see the tube extended in the photo.

Attachments

• dscf0196.jpg
    dscf0196.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 75
Hi Mama

Nice Fish. What is he? looks like a Marble/Golden marble. What is the Female that he spawned with.

How are the fry doing? Hope that most of them are still alive.

Dolphin :teacher:

he is so pretty does the mother fish look as nice as him if it does I bet those babies will be beautiful how are the fry doing I havent seen any post latley on them so I assume they are still alive and well.

He is a marble...and has an orange head....not sure what the proper name is....but the female is just like him.
I left the eggs w/ the parents, and they were all white by about 30 hrs.

I had my 1st pair spawn again today.....they spawn a lot of eggs every time.
It is the same pair that are the parents to the ones I am trying to raise....count is under 100 now...but they are eating good!

I am leaving this batch of eggs with the parents......I think they will be good parents if I give them a chance....they spawned over 12 hrs ago...and none are white.

Only problem is.....it is not a bare bottom tank.

here is a pic of my new batch!

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 68
Hi Mama

Another nice pic. If the young survive then I suspect that you will get three types of fish. 50% like the parents. 25% golden marble and 25% marbled without golden heads.

Do not worry about the fact that that the fry will be in a tank with gravel. The bare bottom principle is only to allow the easy cleaning of the tank. I have raised fry in a tank with gravel in it, with good success. A few mite be lost in the gravel, but not many.

Dolphin :teacher:

Most reactions

Back