Macrobrachium rosenbergiiin the Uk

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dozzer8

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the species Macrobrachium rosenbergii, the Giant Freshwater Prawn, is being kept in the UK currently? are they available through the fish-trade? does anyone on here keep them?

Thanks

Never seen them in a store before I'm afraid. A very old thread a while back asked the same thing - Thread
No idea if they got the answer they wanted

Never seen them in a store before I'm afraid. A very old thread a while back asked the same thing - Thread
No idea if they got the answer they wanted
Yer sorry for the cut and paste it basically asked exactly what I wated to know. I thought things may have changed since 2007.

I found these guys, but they don't say where they ship from...

these guys are in the UK... look like they are growing for food, but may be a contact there???

I found these guys, but they don't say where they ship from...

these guys are in the UK... look like they are growing for food, but may be a contact there???

Thanks really appreciate the help, I did find these guys but they went out of business during covid.

They aren't suitable for tanks containing fish because they eat the fish, and they fight each other in aquariums so you end up with 1 or a pr and nothing else. They are fine when little but not when big and they grow to a foot long (including claws). We eat them in Australia.

They aren't suitable for tanks containing fish because they eat the fish, and they fight each other in aquariums so you end up with 1 or a pr and nothing else. They are fine when little but not when big and they grow to a foot long (including claws). We eat them in Australia.
Yes thank you for the information, im not planning to keep them with any other fish.

Most reactions

Back