Luminare/i-bar Question.

Jaymz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Me again, was looking at trying to get some T5s installed in my tank, but without spending too much, saw this I-bar converter thing, was wondering if I could install this in the hood of my Rekord 96 tank, the Monolux 80 I believe, and if so, how hard it could be.

Cheers.

Me again, was looking at trying to get some T5s installed in my tank, but without spending too much, saw this I-bar converter thing, was wondering if I could install this in the hood of my Rekord 96 tank, the Monolux 80 I believe, and if so, how hard it could be.

Cheers.

I am looking at doing the same thing but on my rekord 120.
I reckon you would need to remove the current tube and fitting and then screw this up in place of that.

What about going for the Hagen DUO GLO thingy that sits on the top of the tank much like a luminaire?

Or if you don't need T5 tubes you could go for this
http://www.aquaristikshop.com/cgi-bin/neu/...vWB0QLLx1sFhgvd

Never tried that, and TBH looking at it I don't want to :no: To make enough space in the hood, you'd have to remove the old tube, and cut out the box that the current balast sits in. Once all this is out, you'd have to thuroghly clean out the old hood to gove any glue a chance of acctually working. I wouldn't use screws, short ones would not give enough support, and longer ones, or fastening from above would make a very poor finish :sad:

As Smudger says, you'd be better off with a overhead luminare :nod: The Record range is very hard to up-grade lighting on while keeping the hood :angry:

All the best
Rabbut

It looks like I might be getting a new tank after all, decided to go more for rockery and sand than plants, although might get a T-5 tank just in case I change my mind. Does anyone here know off the top of their head if the Fluval Roma 125 comes with T-5 lights as standard?

Thanks for the replies as well.

P.S. Quick off-topic question, if I wanted to affix stones together underwater what should I use? Is there any kind of special adhesive you should use for this? Tank sealant? Or just normal superglue? (Forgive me if that's a terrible noobish question, just never thought of it until now.)

Superglue won't work for rock fixing :no: Silicone would work, but it needs to be applied to a clean, dry surface and allowed 48-72 hours to cure out of water before use. For bonding under water, you want Mili-put :good: Only use a little at a time though, as that stuff has stuff in that sucks oxygen out of the water. In small ammounts it's harmless, but in larger doses....

All the best
Rabbut

Cheers I'll keep a look out for some of that then, I just might be making caves and stuff rather than having plants if they die off, as always. Thus I don't want them falling over so need some way to fix them.

Thanks. :)

Most reactions

Back