Love This Pleco

that'd be a zebra plec

EDIT: well i hope it is or i'll look like a right fool

yeh it's a type of zebra plec i would have said!!!! but not ya usual 1 that every 1 seems 2 have u mite find it very hard 2 find these 1's

so beuatiful tho. :)

jen

yeh it's a type of zebra plec i would have said!!!! but not ya usual 1 that every 1 seems 2 have u mite find it very hard 2 find these 1's

so beuatiful tho. :)

jen

yeah, I love zebra plecs.. but never have seen one like this.

they have one at my lfs but he's $38.seems a little pricey to me.

There's a couple species of "false" zebra plecs. I've seen ones about like this sold in my area as scribleline plecs.

dnn3: $38 is a bargain for a zebra plec from what I've seen. I settled for a bristlenose instead because the scribleline I mentioned would have cost me $50, and a regular zebra plec would have been a $120 special order.

Edit: Noticed somebody in the Youtube comment section posted this:

A L333 genus is Hypancistrus. If you look carefully at the video you will see that this pleco has a "tooth" in its mouth. This means that its genus is Leporacanthicus! All the plecos in the Leporacanthicus genus are easy to identify for they all have a "tooth" in their mouth including L240, L091, etc...

Aren't zebras Hypancistrus? Though Planetcatfish doesn't have anything in Leporacanthicus that looks like this.

yeah,the guy at my lfs named off some rally expensive ones and he named off one(i can't remember which one)that was like $500.

$38 for a zebra plec is amazing, theyre about £100 here which is about $200!

Thank you =]

He is pretty amazing.

I gotta get new/more recent pics of him on here tho.

Most reactions

Back