Lost Fish

brian1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All, I bought 3 Mickey mouse platies and I can only see two,I have searched the tank and can't find it, could this spike my tank or has it been eaten??

Have you got other fish in the tank? One that's likely to eat a fish (or fish carcass)?

Do you have a lid on your tank? It could have gotten spooked and jumped? :/
Yes, a lid on and the fish are listed below my topic, it's not a small fish will have to keep searching, it is heavily planted........

I see your list now (was looking at thread on my phone - signatures do not appear on the mobile version...) Serpae's can be nippy in small numbers sometimes, but I doubt they'd target an individual fish - has it appeared yet?

Depending on how tight your lid is, it might still find room to jump out. Usually lids will have an inch or two in the back for the filter and pipes/wires, fish can jump out from there too.

Do you have a lid on your tank? It could have gotten spooked and jumped? :/
Yes, a lid on and the fish are listed below my topic, it's not a small fish will have to keep searching, it is heavily planted........

I see your list now (was looking at thread on my phone - signatures do not appear on the mobile version...) Serpae's can be nippy in small numbers sometimes, but I doubt they'd target an individual fish - has it appeared yet?
HI Dougie, not yet but am now going to look on the floor as
JohnDyer has said, see if it has jumped the tank

If it has died then the corys could have eaten it but if it was only recently you saw it I dont think they could have eaten it that quick.
Also check under any logs or ornaments incase it has got stuck. :good:

Hi All, I bought 3 Mickey mouse platies and I can only see two,I have searched the tank and can't find it, could this spike my tank or has it been eaten??
What kind of filter do you have ?
I lost a fish and couldn't find it, then decided to check behind the filter housing and the rotting body was stuck betwen the filter barcket and the filter (Fluval U series) I had to cut a piece of filter foam to size (tip from a member on here) and place it in the gap to stop anymore fish getting stuck.

Most reactions

Back