Lost Another Betta

juliehainsworth

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok as you know I lost Natsuko the other day, well last night I did a 50% water change on my sorority tank and a gravel vac as I saw my new girls had brought ich with them to the tank! I added the right amount of treatment like normal! I noticed that Sen who I got a couple of weeks ago was lurking about at the back but she looked fine no signs of clamped fins or any illness! A couple of hours after I'd done the water change she started going bezerk speeding round the tank and almost jumping out of the water as if there was something in there hurting her! I catch her and take her out of the tank and placed her in a breeding trap in Gabriels tank as I hadnt done anything to that water and hoped that she would be ok, anyway around 30mins later she was dead! I still have no idea what could have caused her to suddenly die like that as all my other girls are ok apart from a couple of spots of ich! I also have some baby corys in a breeding trap in the same tank and they are fine! I dont have any test kits so I dont know what the stats are for my water but I've never had any problems before!

Anyone got any ideas as to why she might have died please let me know!

ive always invested in test kits..its the first thing that i do if it seems that there is a problem.
have you posted in the emergency section?...maybe wilder can help?

hope you get to the bottom of it.....

Danny

I would say she couldn't handle the med, sorry R.I.P.
Darting
Water quality problems, skin parasites, drug side effects, stray voltage in the tank

Thanks for responding! still no idea what caused it only thing I can think of is she reacted to the meds as all other fish are still fine!

I did that in my tropical tank didnt know corys and algae eaters didnt like meds! :( I darent even put snail away stuff in my large tank and oh boy does it need it!

My corys seem fine with the meds infact they gave my girls a nice free lunch of eggs again! I suppose I should be grateful that it was just the one girl that I lost and not all 7 which is why I'm going for the must have been the med she reacted with otherwise I'd have thought all the others would have keeled over too if it was anything like electrical or other problem but I still could be wrong so looks like I'll be keeping a very close watch over the rest of them!

Most reactions

Back