lost a batch of fry

sadfishowner

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I put my momma guppy in a breeder net, cause I knew she would drop any time...when I did she started going up and down the mesh on the net, til she rubbed her lips off...so I put her back into my big tank...she had all her fry in there and the buzzards got them...I set up a 10 gallon as a maternity ward. It has been setting up for 3 days then the filter quits working...do I have to have a filter? If is just for having fry in? If so how long can they stay in there?

If your going to place your mother guppy in the 10 gallon for birth, then i would suggest a filter. Your going to have to buy a filter anyway after about a month or 2 of the fry's life. There are some cheap filters out there on the internet. I like AquaClears, have at least a 1 year warrenty on them i think and none of mine have broken. Plus you don't got to buy cartridges, just buy a couple of sponges and wash them out every time you clean the tank and its set.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/splash.html

or like gto cowgirl said just get a sponge filter it wont suck any of the babies and they get thier food off it.il send a pic of one just in case
images

Most reactions

Back