Looking For The Snail And Found A Baby....

Scales9

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I was telling my husband about this little snail I found in our 10g currently home to a couple of platy and a couple of plants, so as we were looking to find the snail I noticed 1 tiny little orange fry
w00t.gif
..... Neither of the plates had changed in size or shape since we have had them( 2 weeks now). And only 1 baby. Have put the tiny fry in the breeding net floating in the fry tank and it is doing very wel.

Awww!!! Congrats! It's so amazing finding fry! Pics please :D

Ny82 said:
Awww!!! Congrats! It's so amazing finding fry! Pics please :D

Will try after work but it is tiny and in a net so not sure if I will be able to get a decent photo.

crawfish said:
congrats love it when i find fry in my tank

Me too, just sad it was all by itself. Have now convinced myself that fish only give birth to one fry at a time.... Do not want to think about the other reason for only finding 1 fry.
sad.gif

ive been lucky or unlucky depending how you look at it ive always found 7 or so fry at a time but then i have to give them away once tehre grown up as theres never enough space :(

crawfish said:
congrats love it when i find fry in my tank

Me too, just sad it was all by itself. Have now convinced myself that fish only give birth to one fry at a time.... Do not want to think about the other reason for only finding 1 fry.
sad.gif

I got me aboot seven fry.. I know what happened to the other 20.. they got eaten..

You have to look on the bright side scales9-at least you found this one and saved it. He was meant to make it :)
I only ever found one baby platy, but when I had 20 something guppy fry and as you know I lost most of them to ich.
Have fun raising this baby and get the pics up :p lol

I got 8 from my Mollie, and 17 from my guppy. The plays are new and are in the quarenteen tank and I have been watching them like a hawk for everything apart from pregnancy as none of them looked even remotely plump! But on the bright side the little one seems to be doing well it is soooooo small though.

ok so i know it has taken a while but i finally got a pic of our new addition.
fish 3 002.jpg

Exploring yes, but thankfully cautiously, stays near the bottom and close to the plants, it has doubled in size over the last week so I am hoping that it will be ok, the guppy and Molly fry are still small enough not to eat it but not sure if they will bully.

Most reactions

Back