Looking For A Replacement Catfish

CytheFish

Reaction score
Flash, our Pictus was found dead this morning at the age of 1 year (give or take) Im sorry to see him go as he was a great fun to watch and truely had character all his own RIP

That being said we are thinking of replacing his 3+ inches of self with Corey's mabye 3 I think would about even out on the Bio-load. Currently in our 25 G tank are 6 TB's, 2 Blue Gourami, and 1 Pleco. Useing the average of 1G per fish and we are sitting on about 5 fish/inches to play with. Also the tank is fairley well planted, 20-40% water changes weekly, food consists of Bio-blend pellets, Bloodworms (both dried and frozen) and Hikari sinking wafers for the Pleco.

I guess my questions really are, Would Corys get along in the tank w it's current inhabitants? Also what Cory's would you suggest for this tank? Thank you for any help!

Hi CytheFish :)

Corys might or might not do well in your tank depending on certain things. It might help if you clarified them for us. :D

How big and what kind of pleco do you have? :unsure:

What temperature do you keep your tank at? :unsure:

What kind of substrate do you have? :unsure:

Are your gouramis male or female? :unsure:

What are TBs? :unsure:

Corys might or might not do well in your tank depending on certain things. It might help if you clarified them for us. :D

How big and what kind of pleco do you have? I think he is a common Pleco but only like 2.5 inches in length.

What temperature do you keep your tank at? Usually right at 78F

What kind of substrate do you have? Aquarium gravel

Are your gouramis male or female? Pretty sure they are both Female

What are TBs? Tiger Barbs ;)

If you feel that you can keep the substrate clean, I think corys will do well for you. This will be harder to do, especially when the pleco gets larger, if your substrate is coarse and there are large spaces between the pieces.

Female gouramis usually remain peaceful. It's the males that can give corys problems, so you probably have no worry there.

Tiger barbs could be fin nippers, I understand, and if they bother the corys, one or the other will have to be removed. It's not just physical damage you have to be worried about but the stress they could cause the corys, that could lead to problems.

Be sure to match the temperature range needed by the corys to the actual temperature you keep your tank. At 78 degrees F. C. sterbai would be a good choice. :D

Most reactions

Back