Looking For A Realy Good Shop

garuf

Fish Addict
Reaction score
in the midlands, stoke on trent staffordshire area
does anyone know of one?
any help is welcome
all the best gareth

That's ok, I'm from the US and haven't quite figured out your guy's geography yet, so I though there might be something close in there. Good luck though. :good:

Loads of people slag off pets at home.. but my fish are OK 1 month later from there.. good advie and quite cheap

However there may be some like urban aquatics or wet pets there :D

pets at home are absolutely shocking, they only have on average 1 member of staff who is into aquatics the rest are puppy cuddlers.
Out of around 20 ifsh I have had from there over the past 2 years id say 10 were possibly sold to me diseased, 3 were sold with a very prominent white cotton growth on (when I first started keeping fish so didnt know what it was) and out of my latest batch from there (which I only got because I was desperate) 2 have died out of 7.

They said that my gibbicep would be fine in a 20gal tall hex tank....very very wrong, and that my red tail black shark was ok in there, again very very wrong.
They also tested my water 2 days ago and said it was fine, it wasnt as I discovered today.

PETS AT HOME SUCK!!!!

(sorry you got me on my soapbox)

oh and forgot to add while I was there today taking back a dead fish I noticed 3 definate diseased gourami, atleast 8 dead tetras of difereent sorts, the same amount of dead mollies and guppies and 2 dead gouramis, who had been dead a while as they were half eaten and brilliant white!!!!

NO NO NO PETS AT HOME!!!!

aquator in torquay and something fishy in newton abbott!!! awesome

oh and forgot to add while I was there today taking back a dead fish I noticed 3 definate diseased gourami, atleast 8 dead tetras of difereent sorts, the same amount of dead mollies and guppies and 2 dead gouramis, who had been dead a while as they were half eaten and brilliant white!!!!

NO NO NO PETS AT HOME!!!!

aquator in torquay and something fishy in newton abbott!!! awesome

A bit further away in the West Midlands..

Hollybush near wolverhampton - cannock way.
Sedgley Aquatics
And one in codsall that sells tremendous discus and cichlids.

I'd take each Pets at Home as you find it...not all are rubbish, just like not all are brilliant :lol:

The one I go to is absolutely fantastic, I choose it over places like Maidenhead Aquatics every time.

So go to your local, and make your own judgement :good:

I don't know if you're near Stafford - but i've been told there is a guy there called Steve who is worth talking to :good:

I'd take each Pets at Home as you find it...not all are rubbish, just like not all are brilliant :lol:

The one I go to is absolutely fantastic, I choose it over places like Maidenhead Aquatics every time.

I don't know if you're near Stafford - but i've been told there is a guy there called Steve who is worth talking to :good:
hmmm im not realy near anywhere except for alton towers i can here the rides when its dead windy
my pest at home isnt too bad fish wise variety is a bit lame but theyre helpful and at least 3 are aquarists so that helps i got 2 ottos from there today and theyre fine and good, plus cheap £2 each and their plants are tropica! most people kill them but people like me take them home and have some wonderful anubias bartii nanas to show for it!
glovers is the only one i know of localy but theyre lackluster and alot of there fish are stunted disformed or in poor condition because of poor tankmate choices (guppies betta and barbs all in the same tank).

alas no,
although that said I have found a good shop in stoke, I say good, Its not bad but most fish are big tank only, not much in the way of 10gallon suitable fish.

Stafford Pets At Home are ok by memory, some of my family live up there and I sometimes go in there when I visit.

My original fish from 2+ years ago are from pets at home.

I have 3/6 left and I was crap at fishkeeping too. Not bad really.

Most reactions

Back