Looking For A Cheap External Filter

pippoodle

RIP Dear nan 22/03/1925 --11/03/2009
Reaction score
are the generic ones on ebay much good , you know the weird chinese branded ones , they say they still do the 1000-1500 lph but does anyone know wether they are actually any good ?
i dont want to be paying £100+ for a filter

advice please

yes i know about second hand ones but these keep going upto £70+

i got a serrifill 1300 which are still 100-120 new for 12 pounds and collected 5 miles away

depending on what size tank you want it for, you can get one very cheap .. id go with tetratec everytime, i paid £70 inc p and p for the ex1200
so as you can imagine the lower rates, eg, ex600,ex700.. are going to be a lot cheaper , have a look on ebay thats where i got both of mine

depending on what size tank you want it for, you can get one very cheap .. id go with tetratec everytime, i paid £70 inc p and p for the ex1200
so as you can imagine the lower rates, eg, ex600,ex700.. are going to be a lot cheaper , have a look on ebay thats where i got both of mine

you know i like to over filter my tanks lol
but just looking for an extra one for the 125 lol

If you want to "overfilter" that, look at the EX1200 Tetratec. There has been a price hike on them recently, and the RRP is now above £170. Mind, they give an RRP of £199-99 for the Fluval 405, and you can get them for under £100 new. Retail in brick and mortar shops up my way for the Tetratec EX1200 is about £140 though...

If you want to "overfilter" that, look at the EX1200 Tetratec. There has been a price hike on them recently, and the RRP is now above £170. Mind, they give an RRP of £199-99 for the Fluval 405, and you can get them for under £100 new. Retail in brick and mortar shops up my way for the Tetratec EX1200 is about £140 though...

flippin eck thats a hell of a hike, any idea why?

I've just bought my bro an aquapro1 for his birthday.. looks nice but haven't had it working yet.

there is a filter on ebay that does up to 600L and built in UV light its about £54 inc p+p

filter

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I'd say because it's a very popular filter now, if it's been proven to work and work well and people are recommending it, then they hike the price.

I think I got mine on a special offer from thelivingseas website when it was still going for about £50 I think, they had an offer running for ages.

I'd say because it's a very popular filter now, if it's been proven to work and work well and people are recommending it, then they hike the price.

I think I got mine on a special offer from thelivingseas website when it was still going for about £50 I think, they had an offer running for ages.

Agreed. It's what business people call Penetration pricing. Start selling cheap, making like no margins, get a good following for your product and more demand with said following, then you gradually increase the price so you can actually start making money. Give it a few more years, and I wouldn't be too surprised if they are priced equivalently to Eheims... IMO, they certainly have the quality to compete with them for the top quality filter spot in the market.

All the best
Rabbut

i had a odd branded external filter 1200 lph and it was fantastic no 1 problem at all with it and it only cost £40 and i got it 2 days later too here it is on my old tank

16032009089.jpg

13032009088.jpg

Most reactions

Back