Look What I Just Bought. Sooooooo Happy :)

carronann

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been after a larger tank for ages. first problem was that as I live on an osland, many companies were going to charge me hundreds of pounds to have one delivered, second hand tank sellers didn't want to courier them and lack of funds meant I couldn't get a brand new 4ft minimun.

Although this didn't put me off looking and searching, the growth of my clown loach and plec had put me under pressure.

Then, my LFS who is a mate, gave me a call to say that a lady had asked him to sell one for her. He picked it up and i went to see it in the shop. It has a Fluval 404 external filter only a month old, 300 watt heater still in the packet and the backing roll (which i have binned cause i didn't like it :( ).

It's 4feet wide but was a bit awkward to measure to calculate the capacity so i measured all the glass around, divided it by 6 and calculated it as a heaxagonal tank. 220 litres (UK)........ All for £200 and I am delighted! Plus he delivered it for me free of charge. well what are friends for :)

I have a 58l hexagonal tank already (plastic plants etc) and wanted to get into the real plants. I'll be asking loads of questions on the plants section so be warned LOL

What do you think?

IMG_8985.jpg

IMG_8984.jpg

Hi all,
I've been after a larger tank for ages. first problem was that as I live on an osland, many companies were going to charge me hundreds of pounds to have one delivered, second hand tank sellers didn't want to courier them and lack of funds meant I couldn't get a brand new 4ft minimun.

Although this didn't put me off looking and searching, the growth of my clown loach and plec had put me under pressure.

Then, my LFS who is a mate, gave me a call to say that a lady had asked him to sell one for her. He picked it up and i went to see it in the shop. It has a Fluval 404 external filter only a month old, 300 watt heater still in the packet and the backing roll (which i have binned cause i didn't like it :( ).

It's 4feet wide but was a bit awkward to measure to calculate the capacity so i measured all the glass around, divided it by 6 and calculated it as a heaxagonal tank. 220 litres (UK)........ All for £200 and I am delighted! Plus he delivered it for me free of charge. well what are friends for :)

I have a 58l hexagonal tank already (plastic plants etc) and wanted to get into the real plants. I'll be asking loads of questions on the plants section so be warned LOL

What do you think?

IMG_8985.jpg

IMG_8984.jpg

verrry nice lookin tank,

post pics when its set up !!!!!

deffo keep live plants , its not as hard as ppl make out it 2 be lol,

ta

adam

Depending on how high it actually is, the only problem I forsee is water changes might be a bit difficult. I saw a similar set up only it was a 90g and was a real pain to reach into for maintanence work but a good step stool and a long siphon hose should fix that. :p

Very lovely tank, can't wait to see it stocked! :good:

That's a beautiful tank, look forward to seeing it when it's completely set up!

congratulations!

looks like a fantastic buy to me.I cant wait to see it set up.Any ideas on stocking?

You got yourself a bargain there fella. Some Live plants are that hard to keep, i've had some the other month and all i did was piut them in and left them. They have now tripled in size.

Post pics of it when its finished

Really nice looking tank! AS others have said.. I can't wait to see what you do with it

Most reactions

Back