• NEVER!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • IDK

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Fish are AWE

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi evryone, i was just wondering. I was in my lfs when i saw a longfin bristle catfish. It costed $40 (in AUS) and i was wondering is it worth it?
Im still gonna get it, i just want your opinion

Hi Fish are AWE :)

Fish prices are all about supply and demand. It seems like our members in Australia seem to have a more difficult time finding a good supply of interesting fish, so that would account for the price.

I just converted your $40 Australian to $42.80 US dollars. IMHO, that's high for a single BN, even if they are scarce. On the other hand, they are nice fish to have and, if you should be able to find a mate for it, you will find that they are not difficult to raise. You might be able to recover what you spent for them.

In my aquariums i have a few female bristlenose catfish, they dont seem to bother any fish but my biggest one is really peaceful. Will any of my other fish (Betta, Cory, Tetras, Khuli) harrass it? Most of my fish are peaceful, but the cories can be REALLY annoying to my other fish. Especially my betta

No one else in the world can judge Lori prices in Australia, they are outrageously expensive!

There are breeders on another forum that is specifically for plecos I go on, pm me if you want the details

Most reactions

Back