Loads Of Pregnant Guppies

Timelordess

Reaction score
Argh....I have 4 prenant guppies. Which is great news for me, but I don't think I'm gonna have enough space for them. I have 2 x 50 litre tanks, and one tank has got 2 x large clown loach 3x angels and 2 x rainbow gourami's. The other is all guppies and 1 betta. I have already have a trap with 13 3week old guppies, and now have at least 4 pregnant guppies, I would think about 2 weeks pregnant.
Thing is, I don't think I'm gonna have room to raise all of them. Anyone got any ideas on a temorary solution until I can afford to buy a new set up?

Thanks
xxx

plastic containers with some tiny holoes that i made in worked a treat for me, just floated them on the surface.
clowns and angels in a 50 L, OH DEAR! you might want to start thinking about another tank atleast a 300L

If you need a whole lot of room you could always get a Rubbermaid-type tub and pop a filter on it. Super cheap. Tons of space. Not the most aesthestically appealling solution, but it certainly serves the function.

plastic containers with some tiny holoes that i made in worked a treat for me, just floated them on the surface.
clowns and angels in a 50 L, OH DEAR! you might want to start thinking about another tank atleast a 300L

I've got a 4ft tank now cyclingand am in the process of buying my 5x3x3ft tank. It was just a temp measure whilst I was redecorating. I have a cavity where a 'real' fire was, and that's gonna be used for the tank displays. Thanks for the concern and advice though. xx

If you need a whole lot of room you could always get a Rubbermaid-type tub and pop a filter on it. Super cheap. Tons of space. Not the most aesthestically appealling solution, but it certainly serves the function.

Thanks. Anything that's cheap and will get me through till I can free up my other 2 small tanks!

Allllsoooo......LOL. I have just found 3 fry at the back of my tank about double the size of the one's that I've put in the trap. So, Could they be from the same fry, just bigger because they have more space, and availability of different foods, or would they be from a different fry that was born and I didn't find? The 3 I've found have more colour than the 3 week old one's in the trap, and keep themselves constantly hidden in the plants and flowerpot. I only found them after a water change, so I must have shifted their home slightly and upheaved them a little. 1 of them has a totally black tail, and is the same colour as one of my females (who I thought was pregnant and then slimmed down with no sign of fry, so I thought she'd aborted), and the other 2 are orange with yellow and black spotted tails.

Thanks
xxx

Most reactions

Back