Loaches

Tyler777

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm making a list of the fish for my 125 gallons tank . One of my all times favorites were always clown loaches but you guys already told me they can grow up to 12 inches n eat small fishes so painfully I have to avoid keeping em.
I was reading bout yo yo loaches n zebra gold loaches and the description said they're both semi aggressive so that's a no too so what kind of loach would be peacefully to have in my community tank ?

You can consider dwarf chain loaches, or perhaps some pangio... but it really depends on the community.

You *can* do larger botia such as yoyos if you wished if you kept them with certain tankmates that could hold their own.

Example:
Zebra/yoyo loaches with a pretty species of barb, like melon barbs or some rosaline sharks (they're technically a barb).

That type of stocking works out.

OR, go hillstream!

Hillstream loaches and some giant danios would make for an incredible combination for a 125 gallon with a good current.

Clowns are cool, but some can inevitably reach *more than* 12 inches even! There's reports of some up to 16 inches, so you would potentially have to upgrade later down the line even from a 125g. But they grow insanely slow.

But, I'd go a compromise and consider the small-mid sized botia genus loaches.

Of course, this all depends on if you already have other fish in the tank, or if it's an open book for stock.

You can consider dwarf chain loaches, or perhaps some pangio... but it really depends on the community.

You *can* do larger botia such as yoyos if you wished if you kept them with certain tankmates that could hold their own.

Example:
Zebra/yoyo loaches with a pretty species of barb, like melon barbs or some rosaline sharks (they're technically a barb).

That type of stocking works out.

OR, go hillstream!

Hillstream loaches and some giant danios would make for an incredible combination for a 125 gallon with a good current.

Clowns are cool, but some can inevitably reach *more than* 12 inches even! There's reports of some up to 16 inches, so you would potentially have to upgrade later down the line even from a 125g. But they grow insanely slow.

But, I'd go a compromise and consider the small-mid sized botia genus loaches.

Of course, this all depends on if you already have other fish in the tank, or if it's an open book for stock.
Well in my head I will have angel fish with pearl gouramies, Buenos aires tetras some mollies swordtails n platties they're already living together in a 36 gallon tank but they will be move to my 125 gallons once is fully cycled.
I love neon tetras but they keep dying on me so I won't have em. N I would love clown loaches cause I always loved those guys but if they grow too big I don't think I can hace em. I also Ave a school of corys

Well in my head I will have angel fish with pearl gouramies, Buenos aires tetras some mollies swordtails n platties they're already living together in a 36 gallon tank but they will be move to my 125 gallons once is fully cycled.
I love neon tetras but they keep dying on me so I won't have em. N I would love clown loaches cause I always loved those guys but if they grow too big I don't think I can hace em. I also Ave a school of corys
Hmm with cories and what you already have, any of the botia loaches are off the table.

Might be able to do a group of dwarf chain loaches though, they might not be so "aggressive" as the botias. Still active though.

Hmm with cories and what you already have, any of the botia loaches are off the table.

Might be able to do a group of dwarf chain loaches though, they might not be so "aggressive" as the botias. Still active though.
Thank you though

Most reactions

Back