Loaches

I don't have personal experience with the yoyos, but the clowns don't bother any of my other fish. I know the skunk loach can be fiesty, but I believe most loachs are peaceful. I don't think it would be a problem.

depending on the tank size, yes you can.

forget what is on the net about yoyos I have two that are 8" (as do a couple of other members)
so that should be taken into consideration when stocking them.

forget what is on the net about yoyos I have two that are 8" (as do a couple of other members)
so that should be taken into consideration when stocking them.

You have any idea how long it takes to reach 8"?

I currently have 5 "babies" in the tank, got three of them less than a month ago at <1" size and added two more last weekend. The first three show incredible rate of growth, they are closer to 2" already and look bigger every day.

Part of the reason for asking is to figure out when I'll need another tank, every inch they grow now is unplanned and goes well above that 1in/1g thing.... Unfortunately, it never occurred to me that this kind of rate is even possible.....

hi Mike
no idea really on growth rate, the two that I have at 8" were
given to me as are the two that I have at 7".
I have 3 that I purchased about 6 months ago that are just over 3"
so it could be same as clowns, fast growing for a hort time ,then the rate slows considerably.
who knows :dunno:

Hi, TheWolf...

Too bad... It actually would be interesting to have "Growth Charts" some day.

Is there a picture of your big one(s) somewhere? (I want to see what we are facing one day...)

My two clowns love swimming with the smaller of my Yo Yo trio. They are all about two + inches in size. The larger Yo Yo's just do their thing sitting in caves.

Here they are tucked in for the night. It's funny really. Come 10pm, they all retire for the night. You can almost set your watch.

yoyo3sm.jpg

Hmm... did not realize that Yoyo's hide. My five are in constant motion, day and night, looking for food and chasing each other.

Hmm... did not realize that Yoyo's hide. My five are in constant motion, day and night, looking for food and chasing each other.

More so now that they have gotten larger. When I first got them and they were just over an inch they were out all the time exploring. However, now that they've grown and they are about 3 inches in length - if not more - they seem to stay inside their caves more. The clowns are out all the time though until about 10pm and then they disappear.

The smaller Yo Yo is still out and about a lot more than the others.

Aha. Do you remember how long did it take to get to 3in?

Mine are approaching 2in right now (I got them at <1in in mid-January!!!)

Do I understand correctly that the violent growth will stop at 3in or so?

I've had mine about 4 to 5 months. I can't remember exactly when I got them but I know it was after September.

Taken in mid November
Notice how thin
yoyo1117.jpg

Taken in December
yoyodec.jpg

Taken in early February
yoyo2.jpg

yoyo4.jpg

yoyo1.jpg

I can even notice the difference in the size of the clowns which I've had for
about 6 weeks now.

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

I wish I took pictures of mine when they were small (that is, last month).

Looks like you got variant patterns too...

The two larger Yo Yo's have faded patterns and a clean stomach. The third guy is slightly smaller but is vivid with his pattern. His pattern also runs across his stomach.

On my end, they all seem to have the pattern on the stomach. But only two out of five spell "YOYO", the rest have different patterns (one that looks like a Burmese drawing, one with vertical lines, and I'm not fully sure about the smallest yet). I'll make pictures a bit later.

Most reactions

Back