Live bearer conservation

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score

Hey @emeraldking thought you would like this. I think you mentioned somewhere you were from holland? Are you the person they mentioned in the article? Lol

No I don't think it is him because it mentions Michael Koeck and Emeraldkings name is Stan de Jong ....Please excuse me if I am wrong because i just skimmed over the page :) ;)
It mentions michael koeck, but also says something briefly about a livebearer enthusiast is holland

Well, Michael Köck (this is how it's officially spelled) and I do know eachother. I'm not the one who was mentioned being that dutch enthusiast. But I know who they mean. And we both share the same last name and we both are editors and board members at Poecilia Netherlands.
But yes, I am one of the dutch enthusiasts that keep, breed and preserve a lot of wild livebearers. There's also a program to release our in captivity bred offspring into endemic waters where certain species have become rare or even extinct. We support this program financially and with donating our fish. There are more people like us overhere but I do belong to the group of more wellknown serious breeders within this area. We try to stay in contact globally for we do contribute to the preservation of wild livebearers. In a way it's also funny that people may catch wild livebearers in Venezuela, Mexico or whatever south or central american country that might be a descendant of one of our lines.
10313010_652064734891177_2701939737414231793_n.jpg
Overhere during the judging of the show at the international livebearer & killifish convention 2014.

That's really cool

Most reactions

Back