Little tank redesign looking for some input!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishareconfusing101

Reaction score
I am only 14 so still kinda a beginner and I wanted some fellow planted tank people to look at what I did and tell me if anything looks planted too deep or anything! I recently dived into aquascaping when I went from 2 tanks to 5 on a rack (4 new) after I got my job! So far I have found it fun but I heavily value opinions of others even though I know these tanks are for me! If you have any positive or negative input lay it on! If you have any questions on stocking (all are at least slightly understocked), size, or filtration let me know! I can also give anyone better photos!

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpeg
    IMG_1811.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1809.jpeg
    IMG_1809.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1808.jpeg
    IMG_1808.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1807.jpeg
    IMG_1807.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 18
You need a picture on the back of each tank to make the fish feel more secure.

Anubias and Java Fern do best with their rhizome above the substrate. Most people attach them to rocks or wood and let their roots grow down into the substrate.

Make sure you can see under and behind any rock piles. Fish can die and rot among the rocks and cause water quality problems. Fish food can also collect in and around the rocks and wood. Make sure you clean among the rocks when you do a water change.

The snails need food and are eating the sword plant in their tank. Feed them each day with a bottom feeding pellet. Have the light on their tank for 16 hours a day to encourage algae on the glass and they will hopefully eat that instead of the plant.

You want tall plants like Vallis along the back of the tank and shorter plants on the sides and front. Try to have an open area in the front and middle for the fish to swim around.

I like your tanks but I would put more plants along the back in all of them. Perhaps buy a bunch of vallis and put one or two in each tank. Once they get going they’ll be putting out shoots and any that appear where you don’t want them, snip the shoot off once it’s an inch or so tall and plant where you want it. Eventually you’ll have a dense growth of vallis all along the back which look great.

Ok I have ordered some backing and a couple other things hopefully in a week or so I’ll update this post!
Also to everyone that gave feed back thank you!

Most reactions

Back