Litres To Gallons

joshjames

Fishaholic
Reaction score
wat is every body using when they say 10 gallon tank for example?
are they talkin imperial gallons or us gallons?
which is most comonly used???? :good: :good:

Since a lot of people here are from UK, I bet it is half and half here lol. I put the conversion of mine in my sig! But mine is 20 US Gallons. Though I wish it was 20 UK gallons! Gives just a bit more volume! lol

I use litres coz I'm up to date, the rest of you are still using an antiquated system :)

Use litres(metric) or someone will tell the law that your using gallons(imperial) and you'll get in trouble lol

I use US gallons because the tanks I can buy are rated in those units. If I walk into my LFS and tell them I want a 208 litre tank they won't know what I want. If I ask for a 55 gallon they will turn and point at one. They are the same exact tank but only one size will register with the folks who sell them here. I would guess its the same in the UK. If you ask for something in gallons, nobody will know what you want but if you ask for a 240 litre tank they can point right at it. Why fight the units they use in the stores where you shop?

Edit: I never spell it right the first time

Litres and USG are both pretty common on this forum. UKG I hear less. Just google the size tank "in gallons" or "in litres" (whatever you want to find out.)

We mostly use US gallons because otherwise it confuses the American members :p

Most reactions

Back