Listlessness In My Apisto Painted Face

uberape

Reaction score
I have recently noticed my apistogramma painted face becoming dispondent. He is usually cruising around the many caves etc. I have had one of these fish die on me so I know the signs: spending more time in dark areas, resting on the bottom, almost pathological opening and closing of the mouth when breathing instead of that usual "easiness". I do not want this guy to die, does he require a mate?

actually he is itching, but with no spots, i will raise the temperature but it is already high at around 31 (this is the temperature that seems to bring out the most activity from my fish, usually). There is nothing coming up on the tests so I would prefer "past experience advice" rather than "what are your specs" advice etc. All the other fish are fine except my catfish who is also itching with no white spots

He does share with four aggressive tetra but they are no bigger than he is (faster though and more aggressive but they move out his way), It could just be the cold but i would like reassurance. thank you v much

Most reactions

Back