Liquifry.......... Any one heard of it??

Kayla Silver

Reaction score
When my platy had 3 babies on saturday night the next day I went to the fish store and asked what I should feed them and she showed me liquifry and I bought it is it bad??? Anyone use it???????? Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nod:

Ok, but I don't have baby brine shrimp or know where to get them. I guess I will just feed them the liquifry for another day or so then give them crushed up flakes. Does anyone know when the babies will get their color?????

I used it a little bit for my rams, but found it to be EXTREMELY messy. Petsmart sells a little 'hatchery' for BBS. Its just a little black container and you buy the packets of eggs and hatch them. Thats what I do. :)

PetSmart also sells frozen baby brine shrimp. Your fry will love it. :)

I also bought First Bites by Hikari. It's tiny granules, basiclly powder. I only used it for 2 weeks.

Is the Baby Brine Shrimp better for them or something? Bcuz of all u who use it, it sounds like a good maybe important thing. I guess I will look into buying them soon. But no one knows when the babies will get their color???????????????

For my guppy fry i just feed them finely cut up flake food and finely cut up blood worms and they seem to enjoy them and so do the other fish. Tubifex worms work fell also. They come in a small container and they are freeze dried. Your LFS can show you them

Kayla Silver said:
Is the Baby Brine Shrimp better for them or something? Bcuz of all u who use it, it sounds like a good maybe important thing. I guess I will look into buying them soon. But no one knows when the babies will get their color???????????????
the brine shrimp and other foods like it help the fry grow quickly and more healthy. They are best used in conjunction with other foods so that the fry are getting all the nutrients they need and are not overloading on one type of food. The fry if they are platties should have some color now if they are going to be colored later. Mine showed color pretty much from the start but the colors deepened as they grew. Dont look at the mom and think that the babies have to be that color though, cause alot of times the female could have been fertilized by a totally different colored male. HTH :)

Most reactions

Back