Lighting suggestions needed

Sawdust777

Reaction score
I am looking for a solution to what I consider a lighting problem. I improved the system that came with the tank by getting two Hygger 30". I made some box covers to put over them because the leaked a lot of upward light and a lot onto the wall behind the tank and it didn't look good in the living room. So I figured I was good to go but then I noticed that when anyone is in the room the fish all rush to the front of the tank and become dark silhouettes against the well lighted center of the tank. Is there a way to get better light coverage on the very front of the tank ? If I move the Hyggers to the front, it is better but then the lids for feeding and maintenance are obstructed and its a pain to keep moving the lights daily. Also the middle and back portion of the tank have very little light if I do that. I was thinking of getting a shorter Hygger and sacrifice just the middle tank lid. Any suggestions out there ?

Attachments

• IMG_5012.jpg
    IMG_5012.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_5013.jpg
    IMG_5013.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 53
haha the fish really like attention try tilting the light

Maybe stick some LEDs along the front of the hood so the fish are lit from the front.

Most reactions

Back