Lighting Set Up

chillerbass

Reaction score
hi i have a juwel vison 180 and at the moment have a warm and day light t8`s

just wondering if i should buy some new brighter ones
as the tanks over 2 years old got it off a friend

ive got real plants as well

regards darren

You really should change tubes after 6 months... or a year at most (with modern ones) The light they emit changes in spectrum over time, and may promote algae if left too long :-(

You really should change tubes after 6 months... or a year at most (with modern ones) The light they emit changes in spectrum over time, and may promote algae if left too long :-(
cheers rooster what sort of lights should i get

daylight , warm ect ??

daylight , warm ect ??

"Aquarium" tubes are best.... they are designed for plant growth and enhance fish colours - but again there's a personal choice to be made, some folk like the purple tinge that a lot of aquarium tubes give, or there's the newer tech that produces a white light... my main tank runs one of each as I prefer white, but the pupley ones are better for plants ! so its a compromise.

You can save a bob or two with standard "daylight" tubes... but the savings are little.

daylight , warm ect ??

"Aquarium" tubes are best.... they are designed for plant growth and enhance fish colours - but again there's a personal choice to be made, some folk like the purple tinge that a lot of aquarium tubes give, or there's the newer tech that produces a white light... my main tank runs one of each as I prefer white, but the pupley ones are better for plants ! so its a compromise.

You can save a bob or two with standard "daylight" tubes... but the savings are little.
it will have to be t8 lights as my vison 180 takes them what about the blue lighting i know they say marine but will they be ok think i want a day light one but cant decide what other one to get hmmmm....

ok today i went and brought arcadia freshwater light and the original tropical lamps
and i must say the fish look better than every lovely bright reds and blues im glad i replaced my old ones :)

ok today i went and brought arcadia freshwater light and the original tropical lamps
and i must say the fish look better than every lovely bright reds and blues im glad i replaced my old ones :)

Make big difference dont they ?

Make big difference dont they ?
oh yes cant beleave what a big diffrence they have made i would recomend arcadia tropical lamp to anyone :)

Most reactions

Back