Lighting needed to grow Anacharis?

cman2014

Reaction score
Im curious what kind of Light I will need to grown Anacharis in my 55 gallon tank? I have grown it before with a simple aquiarum hood light before but that was along time ago, also will I need to use any fertalizer as this is a much larger tank? I was thinking about this one

https://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Pro...30635eb5bcae5&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

from a few you tube reviews I have watched but is this overkill just to grow a bunch of Anacharis?

Hello c. I have it growing very well in a 60 gallon tank with a standard aquarium LED light from NICREW. Nothing special. There's no special fertilizer either. I feed the fish little variety of flakes and pellets that contain nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous. These floating plants take in nutrients through the leaves, so they'll grow considerably faster than the plants that take in nutrients through the roots.

You don't need any particular light to grow eloeda/ anacharis. It's common name is pondweed or waterweed which explains it's easy growth.
There is probably no need for fertiliser but it depends on bio-load and substrate.

Most reactions

Back