Light Timings

Jackman

Reaction score
Was just wondering what sort of hours you have your lights on for?

also i have a automatic timer that knocks the light on and off and some point. but it ticks REALLY loudly and i find it hard to sleep with it. is there a 'quieter' option avaliable?

thanks alot.

I have mine set at a 4 hour on 2 hour off and 4 hour on again to fight algae but if you go normal 12 hours on 12 hours off you'l be fine. As for the timer I have two in both of my rooms and neither tick at all, I guess just invest in a nicer one and if that makes noise return it and get yet another one, it sure makes things easier when you have one though

Wish you luck

wallmart has a quiet timer. It's by timex. it has settings for each hour so you can have your lights turn on and off at verious times throughout the day.

i turn mine on at 8am before i leave for work and switch off at 8pm usally. i sometimes leave it an hour or turn it off eariler depending on what im doing, but more often they have a 12 day/night. to combat the algea, i simple algea scraper will do the job at watr changes is nessary.

I have mine set at a 4 hour on 2 hour off and 4 hour on again to fight algae but if you go normal 12 hours on 12 hours off you'l be fine. As for the timer I have two in both of my rooms and neither tick at all, I guess just invest in a nicer one and if that makes noise return it and get yet another one, it sure makes things easier when you have one though

Wish you luck

Brilliant thanks alot.

my dad has his on for 8 hours. come on at 2 and goes off at 10. would this be okay for me.

i think i will go invest in a digital timer. see if that ticks.

thanks again.

Most reactions

Back