Light For New Fish Tank

Sarah.Punter

Reaction score
Hi

I've just set up my new fish tank, at the moment i have only synthetic plants but i was wondering do i still need a light for my fish?

Help :/

And just to be difficult - my understanding has always been that the light is only essential for real plants which will not survive without a light due to photosynthesis etc (remember biology at school? :/ ) - so if you have artificial plants you do not need a light - however - most people prefer a light because they can see the fish better! The fish don't give a flying doo-dah whether or not they have light.

Be aware however that the light only needs to be on for a few hours a day or you will end up with looooads of algae.

:hyper:

And just to be difficult - my understanding has always been that the light is only essential for real plants which will not survive without a light due to photosynthesis etc (remember biology at school? :/ ) - so if you have artificial plants you do not need a light - however - most people prefer a light because they can see the fish better! The fish don't give a flying doo-dah whether or not they have light.

Be aware however that the light only needs to be on for a few hours a day or you will end up with looooads of algae.

Good answer fat guppy :good:
Although not essential in a un-planted tank, you need it to see the fish :D

Thank you very much indeed, i'm sure i will have more questions in time when i get my little fishies.

:)

Most reactions

Back