Let's focus on the good things

Status
Not open for further replies.

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm struggling on this forum lately despite I'm currently recovering from my past mistakes. I'm currently focusing on a future project and wanted some help. Tank dimensions will be 92 x 36 x 42cm and is an Aqua One Horizon 130L. I can't purchase the stuff I need yet because of a deal made by my parents, but planning is ongoing. Just done a vision of my biotope aquascape from Scape It (see my Scape It thread). The HOB filter and heater that comes with the starter kit is not good, I will replace them with a better HOB filter and heater. The lights are okay, but don't know the lumens of it. Will 20 cardinal tetras fit in an Aqua One Horizon 130 tank? I'm currently planning to do a single-species biotope tank.

You could fit a lot more than 20 in there.
Lets call a cardinal 1.5” and do some maths.
A 2” cube is the equivalent of eight 1” cubes. If you double the length and keep the same shape, it becomes 8x the volume. So in theory a 3” cardinal is the equivalent of eight 1.5” cardinals.
So twenty 1.5” fish is the equivalent of 2.5 3” fish of the same shape.
You could easily fit 2.5 3” fish in there, which means you could easily fit twenty 1.5” fish.
You could easily fit 6 3” fish in there (let’s say), which would be about 50 cardinals.

You could fit a lot more than 20 in there.
Lets call a cardinal 1.5” and do some maths.
A 2” cube is the equivalent of eight 1” cubes. If you double the length and keep the same shape, it becomes 8x the volume. So in theory a 3” cardinal is the equivalent of eight 1.5” cardinals.
So twenty 1.5” fish is the equivalent of 2.5 3” fish of the same shape.
You could easily fit 2.5 3” fish in there, which means you could easily fit twenty 1.5” fish.
You could easily fit 6 3” fish in there (let’s say), which would be about 50 cardinals.
Yes, that would be a good solution.

I'm struggling on the forum because of mistakes I have made along the way and made one recently.

It’s very easy to make mistakes in this hobby. In fact these days, when everyone looks to the internet for information instead of books, it’s almost impossible not to make mistakes.
It’s a huge learning curve that never stops. Even us ‘oldies’ that have kept fish for decades are still learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back