Lengths

lizjamie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What is the average length that a black moore/fancy gold fish will reach?
I have been looking avidly on the internet and have found between 4 and 8 inches which is quite a big difference!
Hoping to look at the experience of you all..

A good length for a fantail or twintail goldfish would be 4" that is from the tip of the snout to the caudal peduncle (joint of body and tail).

Mark

Ive seen a black moor thats 12 inches long, not including the tail. I think though that if you can get a fat bodied fish to 8 inches then youve done well.

8" is a good size, but bigger breeds like Orandas will get to 10" not uncluding Bruce the giant Oranda at about 17" i think hes at now :D smaller breeds like pearlscales can reach 8" but its not common.

They can get huge given the right condtions, after all they are goldfish just with a funny shaped body ;) .
I've seen some truely stunning blackmoors over 8" in body length, the problem most people get is once they get to a certain size they become too heavy to swim properly, they don't have enough power in their tail fins to swim properly. If kept in perfect condtion in an adequatly large tank, with lots of good quality food then this shouldn't be a problem :)

Most reactions

Back