Leds Help

copps321

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251174202291?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

i have these that i plan on fitting onto my hood it says that you can cut them every 3 lights i have LED connectors but tbh have no idea how i connect the 2 seperate strips so they both light up on the same plug. so any help would be appreciated.

second is a simple how many of those bulbs would i need to light up a 4,2,2 (ft) fish tank for easy plants i can control how bright or not they go also.

You'd need loads, they're not made for plant growth at all, high power 3W LED's are the ones you want.

having alot of them would'nt be a problem was thinking of around 4 strips atm (120 lights) if this is not enough i could easily add more, what about connectors i have brought some but this LED strip dont fit in it so is there any other way of doing it?

They can be wired together by simply matching the solder dots and connecting with cable. Connectors will only work if the wiring is where they're expected to be, so you may find that they only work on the correct brand (I've not encountered this but haven't wired too many of them together yet). RBG lights are more complex to connect as a general rule than fixed colour, but you should only have 3 wires to connect.

As Steve says, the experiments I've seen from people with these on various fora haven't yielded the best of plant growth, but you may be putting more in that they were. I suspect that the 3W LED's eventually work out cheaper to fit and run for the higher power lighting than many SMD's, but if you already have the SMD strip then you can give it a go.

I have decided to go for all white and the ones I previously got are going to light up my shed as finding it hard to connect them and get them running on the same color, the problem with the 3w LEDs you mention is they seem quite big in the picture and all I have is a wood lid laying on top of my tank and I have no idea how I would fit them and then connect them as really want all m ylights running from 1 plug

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e73a484ba

these the lights how many would i need? if so these are the ones i don't know how to set up what else would be needed to connect them together and then ofc power them?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those are regular LED bulbs so need a light like you have fitted to your ceiling which you'd have to mount on the wall above your tank.

Would it be able to fitted to the lid of the fish tank in the same way then

Doubtful, you'd need an open topped tank to do that.

Ok that's not something I can do unfortunately although I'm sure the cats would like it, so many lighting options just don't know what to choose

Ok that's not something I can do unfortunately although I'm sure the cats would like it, so many lighting options just don't know what to choose

Why not ask steveo for a custom lid/led :p

Think I might try my original plan with just the white LEDs as there only like £15 and if there no good they can be temporary until I can get a custom hood/lights

Most reactions

Back