Latest Pick Up...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Darkstar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
While I was in the lfs this afternoon I noticed this little fella hiding behind the filter inlet pipe and couldn't resist picking him up. Spoke to the owner who had him listed as an L142 variant. His belly is a bit sunken but he still seemed quite active in the tank so hopefully he'll settle in and start eating within a few days.

These are pics I took in the shop with the phone. I forgot to set the res. on the camera so there a little small...

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

and here's a couple of him while he was in the bag being acclimatised...

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

You lucky beggar, he's gorgeous!!!!
Love your little collection of Plecs there, is that a couple of Goldies I see?
When can you move them into my tank.....:hey:

Thanks lol, he is definitely gorgeous alright, but the rest aren't mine (unfortunately)...they're just some of the plecs on offer in one of the tanks at Wildwoods.

You shouldn't have told me that.....
Know where I'm going next week!
How big is your new fella, looks quite tiny?

He's about 3" at the minute, pretty small. Well, you'll enjoy WW when you go. They have some fantastic plecs in, incuding some lovely 5-6" L91's at the minute...

You are such a tease...;)
The other half will definitely leave me if I buy anymore but there's no harm in looking, is there?

You are such a tease...;)
The other half will definitely leave me if I buy anymore but there's no harm in looking, is there?

No, there's certainly no harm in looking....but managing to walk out of the shop empty handed is the hard bit. I keep failing and saying 'oh to hell with it, i'll buy it then'.

Where plecos are concerned, I am weak.

:lol: You and me both although it doesn't help working at a fish store...:crazy:
How big will he get, I'm not familiar with the L142?

Crikey, quite a difference!
I love the markings on yours, really unusual and very pretty. :wub:

Crikey, quite a difference!
I love the markings on yours, really unusual and very pretty. :wub:

Thanks, apparently someone nearly took him yesterday but then changed their mind at the last minute, I wasn't going to make the same mistake lol. Most interestingly marked plec i've seen in a while..

You were obviously meant to have him then! They obviously didn't have appreciation for a beautiful fish. Their loss and your gain you lucky devil! ;)

Cool little dude you have there! But how do you/they know it's "just" a varient?
I keep threatening to go to WW again, but it's too dangerous......

Most reactions

Back