Larger Community Fish.

tez2k007

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just got my new 105g tank today and looking to add some larger fish. I have several different species already but wondering what larger peaceful fish I can add. Anyone think of any good community large fish.

What are the dimensions of your new tank as this helps to establish which fish would be good to add.

From the bottom up, larger pleco's, possibly a common depending on the dimensions. Any cory's will do well. You may even manage a schoal of clown loaches. In the middle the options are huge. Congo Tetras, Silver dollars ( I think these are community) Tinfoil Barbs, Bosemani Rainbows, Medium to large cichlids, Angels etc. Large gourami's Pearl, Kissing etc. There are also some oddballs that would do well, BGK for example.

Dimensions..and do you plan to start stocking from new or some of your current stock going in?

Best to choose a few fish you have an interest in, and ppl can then advise whats compatible.

Dimensions..and do you plan to start stocking from new or some of your current stock going in?

Best to choose a few fish you have an interest in, and ppl can then advise whats compatible.

151x51x61cm

I currently have several fish but nothing that big except 1 Angel. The rest include cory's, Danios, Dwarf Gouramis.

20" width is a good size..If you want large and relatively peaceful best to look at some South American Cichlids like the geophagus species, a Severum, Festivum, Chocolate more Angel's maybe (always hit and miss with Cichlids tho, individual temperament is what matters)...if you buy fish that get real big they'll just eat your remaining fish..You could get a couple of oddballs also like mentioned above...Is there a fish in particular you're keen on?

i'd skip the larger cichlids, even the severum, as they'll most likely eat your smaller stock like mollies and danios. only exception would be more angels

i'd skip the larger cichlids, even the severum, as they'll most likely eat your smaller stock like mollies and danios. only exception would be more angels

Hmmmm fair enough. How about things like discus and bala sharks. Would they be ok?

Most reactions

Back