Lace Synodontis(featherfin) Catfish

Mako Man111

Fishaholic
Reaction score
How would a Lace Synodontis(otherwise know as a featherfin) catfish do in a 105 gallon tank with an oscar, convict, and jack Dempsey? I'm considering either this or a plec.

I have a featherfin with a plec and an oscar, at the moment my oscar is tiny, the featherfin is about the same size :) They get on fine :)

I have my featherfin in with tetras, wcmm's and a plec. He bullies the plec but does no real harm, just chases him. I'd definatly go for the featherfin instead of the plec, as the feather fin is much more active even during the day :good: .

Try getting a bigger synodontis and the other fish a little smaller. If the cichlids end up harrassing him, a prick form the syno's spine should probably deter the fish from doing it again.

I think a featherfin syno would do well with cichlids. I have (someone help me) 4, all aggressive, all very active. They grow incredibly fast if you feed them frequently. I my smallest two have tripled (possibly quadripuled) in size since last april (originally I purchased three at about 1", and one became dominant, that one is about 2-3 time larger than the other two and is kept in a different tank) and are little demons, having recently harrassed a juvenile geophagus to death.

The cichlids you are planning to keep with a syno are much tougher than geos however, and will do well holding the catfish in line :)

Most reactions

Back