Lace Cats Not Coming Out...

nukeonekitty

Knowledge talks while wisdom listens.
Reaction score
My lace cats in the mbuna never come out of the caves... they have been in the tank for about a week and I only see them swimming in the caves. Is this just how they are or are they stilled stressed!?

Thats just how they are, like nearly all members of the Synodontis family they are nocturnal and will spend daylight hours safely hidden away.

Okay just making sure it was normal, thanks.

Thats just how they are, like nearly all members of the Synodontis family they are nocturnal and will spend daylight hours safely hidden away.

my catfish comes out all day, hes an upside down catfish but then again ive only had him for a day lol, everytime my friend comes over with a bag of water in his hand i alwais smile :lol:

my catfish comes out all day, hes an upside down catfish but then again ive only had him for a day lol, everytime my friend comes over with a bag of water in his hand i alwais smile :lol:

he still stays out all day, hes active at night two, spends most of his time slowly gliding along the glass or folowing arounnd the corrys

If you have a number of them they will start to venture out once they feel safe and happy in their enviroment. Mine are very often out day and night, merrily swimming up the front glass......and they have alot of hiding places if they don't wish to be seen. Give them time. Some are shyer then others (Decorus are very shy), some simply don't want to be out in the daytime due to their nocturnal preference. Another thing that can help is lighting that is not strong. In a deeper tank the light won't be very bright near the bottom and they feel much happier with that then strong light. :good:
P.

If you have a number of them they will start to venture out once they feel safe and happy in their enviroment. Mine are very often out day and night, merrily swimming up the front glass......and they have alot of hiding places if they don't wish to be seen. Give them time. Some are shyer then others (Decorus are very shy), some simply don't want to be out in the daytime due to their nocturnal preference. Another thing that can help is lighting that is not strong. In a deeper tank the light won't be very bright near the bottom and they feel much happier with that then strong light. :good:
P.

lol then i think mine thinks hes a cory :lol:
but hes guna get alot biger than the corrys :nod:

Most reactions

Back