L048 Pleco Information?

rob_cool1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey guys
I got myself a L048 [font="Calibri][size="2"]Pario-Ancistrus a month or so ago but i can't find much information on it :/[/size][/font]
[font="Calibri][color="#163a5e"]Do any of you guys have one of these? and is there anything really i should know.[/color][/font]
[font="Calibri] [/font]
[font="Calibri][color="#163a5e"]I dont think these are very common as i have never seen them before and the shop i got it from only had the one.[/color][/font]
[font="Calibri][color="#163a5e"]He is currently about 3" but i know they get to about 20 - 25cm, does anyone know how to sex them?[/color][/font]
[font="Calibri] [/font]
[font="Calibri][color="#163a5e"]Are there any special diet requirements etc?[/color][/font]
[font="Calibri] [/font][font="Calibri][color="#163a5e"]He is currently with my clown plec and my bristle nose ans they get along fine :)[/color][/font]
[font="Calibri][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="Calibri][size="2"]This is him/her lol :L
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
Image011gaj.jpg

[/size][/font][font="Calibri] [/font]

That is a Scobinancistrus, fabulous fish, my second favourite genus after Panaque.

Very similar to my old L253 pictured below.

Also the same genus as L14, S. aureatus - Goldie pleco, I had one of those as well (second picture)

Like temps of 25-29, pretty easy to keep, omnivores.

Will reach 11-12 inches as you say, sexong will difficult at that size unless you haul it out and look at the genitals which might not even help as it is young.

Does the tank have wood?

Edit - Just seen your pictures in other thread.

generally speaking a 'Clown Pleco' refers to L104 - Panaque maccus. Your 'Clown' is a Peckoltia vittata - L15, which is actually a better match diet wise for this new fish.

2007_04060023_copy.jpg

2007_04080006copy.jpg

ahh thanks for the help :)

yeah it has 2 pieces which are big enough for all 3 and not have any arguments.
i keep my tank at 25 so that it ok lol

That goldie pleco looks gorgeous, how much do one of these normally cost?

Cheers
Rob

Still hasn't grown since I got it, maybe half a cm but hardly anything haha, il put pictures on later. It's got a few bars on it now which is normal for its age.

does anyone have one of these?

Rob

Most reactions

Back