Kribensis Pairs - Help Me!

mrlewis1978

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys

6 weeks ago I bought a pair of juvenile kribensis for my community tank. Within a few hours they had gained full colours, one was definetly a female as brighter with a curved belly and the other one didnt really colour up but was the same kind of shape. They female constantly chased what I had decided was another female. I checked with mt LFS (where I bought them) and they agreed it was female and swapped me for what they thought was a male, althought they said they couldnt gurantee as they were young. Over the past few weeks the 2 kribensis have had half a tank each, the original one much brighter (and I would say the female boss) and the newer one just constantly keeps out of the way, and hasnt coloured up so much. I think I have another female. My LFS has said they will swap again, but I feel like this may be pointless as they always have juveniles which prove difficult to sex. Does anyone know a kribensis expert who sells males or an online retailer where you can purchase more easily sexed older kribs?

Many Thanks

If you are looking for a breeding pair I would go with getting 3 or 4 more and let them pair up on their own and just remove the others afterwards.

If you are looking for a breeding pair I would go with getting 3 or 4 more and let them pair up on their own and just remove the others afterwards.
Thank you - great minds think alike! I bought 2 males (I chose them myself - looked most male to me), and put them in my tank. They must all be flirting as their colous are going through the roof. The only 2 who seem to chase is the original 'grumpy' female, the others are fine.

Most reactions

Back