Khulis And Catfish

ladybugbzzzz

Reaction score
I was wondering if 3 or 4 Khulis would be ok with 2 Pictus catfish? I have a 70 gal tank, and it will be planted soon, also. It is 3' x 2' (LxW) ? I will also have some tiger barbs and 2 keyhole cichlids in there. I have not read anything about whether they are compatible, except that pictus don't bother fish over about 2", which the khulis are, but I just wanted to make sure since they are both bottom fish. Right now the pictus is only maybe 2.5" long, though I know he will grow!

Thanks
Jade

If memory serves, dont Pictus cats get rather large and are carnivores?

Yes, if well fed they generally behave, but they are active and inquisitive, just like khulies also!

This would probably result in lots of chasing, even if plenty of hiding places are provided.

You then have the 'thorny' issue, of the spike below the khulies eyes, which could well damage an inquisitive Pictus....

I currently have four kuhlies( 2 black , 2 banded) with a pictus. No problem yet.
The pictus is more bothered by clown loaches bigger than it. likes to chase them!
However the pictus is young, and the kuhlies mature, ( about 10cm long).

I'm glad you asked, because i'd like to introduce some more kuhlies, and the ones at the LFS are always tiny.
So now a hard choice...do i like lots of kuhlies or one pictus cat?

Most reactions

Back