Keyhole Cichlids

Acara Man

Reaction score
Bought a couple of Keyhole today about 2pm. Picked what were blatantly a male and female. Both are easily sexual maturity size.

At 6pm I noticed them digging a pit in the corner of the tank and chasing everything in site away including my Blue Acara!

At 9pm I looked again and they have spawned already!!

I know they are one of the easiest Cichlids to breed but surely that should be some sort of record ha ha.

It also must mean my water quality is good.

Bought a couple of Keyhole today about 2pm. Picked what were blatantly a male and female. Both are easily sexual maturity size.

At 6pm I noticed them digging a pit in the corner of the tank and chasing everything in site away including my Blue Acara!

At 9pm I looked again and they have spawned already!!

I know they are one of the easiest Cichlids to breed but surely that should be some sort of record ha ha.

It also must mean my water quality is good.

Wow well done. I've never had cichlids breed the first day in the tank, not even convicts :good:

Eggs have all gone now and they're not defending the area like they were last night. They must have eaten them.

I think I'm going to provide them a smooth rock as the last lot were placed in a pit in the sand substrate.

whats the minimum size tank for a pair of these?

Most reactions

Back