Keeping Tank Warm

sparky_555

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, i've already tried putting a towel around my 2.5 gallon tank but it doesnt help, the temp is below 70 now and i cant get a mini heater till the weakend, so is there anything i could do to keep it warmer untill then?

Thanks

I don't think a 2.5 gallon will fit in the microwave will it? :lol:
Heaters always break when you cant get a new one untill a couple of days later, you better plan for that and keep a spare one.
I don't think there is much you can do right now, maybe take some tank water out and heat it on the stove, but it will be a 24 hour a day job to keep your temp at the right level that way. I don't realy think a couple of cold days will do any harm though, think about the fish in the wild: even in their natural habitat it can sometimes get cold...

Paula

Hmmmmm...
My tank used to get cold, and I got scared that my fishies would die. But I think it'll be ok. :good:
My tanks get cold a lot but my bettas don't mind. They'll swim and hide behind their plants like usual.
If they start being lethargic is when you should start worrying.

Hi, i've already tried putting a towel around my 2.5 gallon tank but it doesnt help, the temp is below 70 now and i cant get a mini heater till the weakend, so is there anything i could do to keep it warmer untill then?

Thanks

I haven't tried this but I read somewhere that you can sit the tank on a heating pad to warm it. Supposedly it works like a charm...............good luck

I put my small tanks on top of my fridge it seems to work well to keep them nice and toasty warm lol

Have you got no warm spots in your house anywhere. I used to have in my kitchen where the heat from back of fridge came up but got new fridge so havent now. This is time of year mine get a little chilly until central heating comes on!

the heating pad works when i had my first betta in a small tank i would put him on the heating pad at night b/c i keep my room colder at night than durning the day and it seemed to work amazingly well! but yeah and another thing that might help if you can get it buy a tank with a light ontop that always helps too! good luck!

Most reactions

Back