Kanaplex crashed my tank

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I had to give my tank a dose of kanaplex and yes I’m aware I should’ve used a hospital tank; but I was very limited on time to set it up. Now I have ammonia reading at .25. I’ve been doing 50% water changes every other day and adding tetra safe start concentrated. Is there anything else I can do other than continuing the water changes?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 71
Kanaplex is an anti-biotic called Kanamycin and most anti-biotics will wipe out filter bacteria.

Anti-biotics should only be used on known bacterial infections that have not responded to normal fish medications. Improper use and mis-use of anti-biotics has caused drug resistant bacteria that kill people, birds, animals, reptiles and fish.

-----------------
As for your tank, do a water change every day and reduce feeding. In about a month the filter should recover and you can increase feeding and do a water change and gravel clean once a week.

While I agree with Colin_T the only thing that I I was wondering, was why did you feel the need to use kanaplex.

I highly doubt that Kanaplex crashed your tank if it is an established tank. I use Kanaplex Often and have never had an issue with it.

Most reactions

Back