Juwel Trigon 350 Lighting?

Puddin

Reaction score
Hi all, i am looking to upgrade my current setup to a trigon 350 in the near future. my question is can i use T5 lighting in the units that it comes with or do i need to change something or the whole unit to cater T5's?

thanks

its depends on what your after keeping? if its just fo or fowlr id stick with the ones you have got, i thought juwel tanks came with t8 tubes not t5? i might be wrong...

if your looking at a mini reef your a lil bit snookered because your tank is triangular im not sure how easy it would be to retro a load of t5's your other option is a pendant style halide, i was actually considering getting a trigon 350 with a single halide you could do some pretty cool aquascaping and still have loads of sand room for corals and clams etc.

grrr u got me thinking again...

new juwel tanks should now come with t5 as standard - make sure and check you aren't getting old stock.

as for squeezing some extra lights into them, it's easier than you would think - I have 147w in my Trigon 190, and with a further mod could add 48w more easily.

however, if you don't need the tank to have a hood then it would probably be better to use a pendant with mh and actinics.

new juwel tanks should now come with t5 as standard - make sure and check you aren't getting old stock.

as for squeezing some extra lights into them, it's easier than you would think - I have 147w in my Trigon 190, and with a further mod could add 48w more easily.

however, if you don't need the tank to have a hood then it would probably be better to use a pendant with mh and actinics.

ahh thats pretty cool my gfs 240 had t8's nice upgrade!

new juwel tanks should now come with t5 as standard
Juwel have been talking about doing marine 'plug and play' for years
and the T5 lights are just the first step,
next will come a purposely designed skimmer that sits in the filter box
and after that will come the sump option

Most reactions

Back