Juwel Rio 125 / Aqua One Nano 80 experiences

BROC

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new member and this is my first post. I'm looking for any comments / experiences / recommendations on a new set up:

My current 36inch tank is about 30 years old and the silicone is starting to peel away. I'm worried I'll come downstairs one day to find the fishtank contents all over the floor! So, I'm looking at a replacement tank. It is to be a planted natural looking aquascape and will probably stock various small tetras, a couple of corys and bristlenose pleco etc.

I'm torn between the Juwel Rio 125 and Aqua One Nano 80. My research has thrown up pros and cons of each. If anyone can add personal experiences I'd be most grateful!

Are the stock LED lights that come with each good enough for plant growth? Any pitfalls with the filter setups? I like the look of the Aqua One Nano 80 as the filtration is not visible, but is this a pain to maintain?

Thanks in advance!

The Juwel day light is 1000 Kelvin so encourages algae. The nature light at 6500k is great but you need 2 bulbs for the lighting unit to work.
The Juwel filter is fine, lots of space.

Most reactions

Back