Juwel Powerhead

moggy

Reaction score
i have the juwel rio 125 tank using the 600 powerhead in the juwel filter i have been offered the 1000 powerhead would this be ok to use ?or would it be to much overfiltering of the water ? thanks for any replies

i have the juwel rio 125 tank using the 600 powerhead in the juwel filter i have been offered the 1000 powerhead would this be ok to use ?or would it be to much overfiltering of the water ? thanks for any replies

I'm sure that it is possible to over filter a tank!! any hoo!!! a bigger pump will not increase filtration, but it will increase water current/flow in your tank. me thinks, 1000 may be a bit much for your 125, unless its full of shrimp, they love fast current! tbh 600 is more 180 or so, but there may well be someone with other ideas!

Yes the 1000 will work. I was thinking of doing this too as i find the 600 to be naff in the Rio 125.
Go for it.
Or for a little more money you cant get an external filter to run with the Juwel filter.

What about the old black style juwel powerheads? (I think they are juwel)

Are they any good?

As in old do mean the ones like the juwel panorama? I doubt it would work. Contact juwel and ask them :good:

Most reactions

Back